The default voicemail greetings in S-Series VOIP PBX are fine but it’s rather bland and quite boring. You can customize your own voicemail greetings.
You have two ways to change your voicemail greetings:
- Change Greetings on a Handset
- Change Greetings on web GUI
Change Greetings on a Handset
- Dial *2 to enter voicemail on your handset.
- Enter the access password.
- Press 0 for Mailbox Options. You will then be given the choice of what type of message you want to record.
- Press 1 to record your Unavailable Message.
- Press 2 to record your Busy Message.
- Press 3 to record your name.
- Press 4 to record your Temporary Greetings.
- Choose the message that you want to record, press # to finish the record.
- Press 1 to accept your message.
- Press 2 to listen to your message.
- Press 3 to re-record your message if you don't like the previous message.
Change Greetings on web GUI
- Log in the IPPBX web interface using your extension account. For example, log in with user name “1007”, the password is the extension’s “User Password”.
- Go to Me > Extension Settings > Voicemail, Click Browse to upload audio files for Busy Prompt and Unavailable Prompt.
- Click Save and Apply.
- Make a call to the extension 1007, and check if the voicemail greetings are changed.
Hi, I would like to change just greeting prompt, not busy or unavailable prompt... How can i change default sound of greeting/welcome prompt?
Btw...this article is about:
How to Customize Your Voicemail Greetings
But you cannot customize greetings :), not real greeting of voicemail ("welcome to voice mail...")
Anyone get that how to change greeting on S Series yet. I'm in the same boat.
The actual greeting, not the two that you can change via GUI. 500 miles away from site with just a wav file....
I figured it out that the unavailable is the message, It wasn't changing because the calls are being sent to voicemail via ** (ext) which still plays the default system message?? Anyone know where that one is?