Call Pickup is a feature that allows you to pick up someone else’s phone call by picking up your own handset. However, you may want to know who is calling and then decide to pick up the call or not. In this document, we guide you how to see who is calling for call pickup. The feature should be supported on IP phones. This guide has been tested with S-Series VoIP PBX firmware version 30.10.0.x or later and Yealink T28P firmware version 184.108.40.206.
1. Settings on S-Series VoIP PBX
Enable option "Notify Caller ID" on "Settings->PBX->General->SIP->Advanced"
2. Settings on Yealink IP phone
You can receive a visual and an audio alert (if enabled), and also pick up the call when the monitored extension receives an incoming call. The feature is disabled by default, you need to log in Yealink IP Phone’s web interface to enable it.
To enable visual and audio alert features via web user interface:
- Click on Phone→ Features-→Call Pickup.
- Select “Enabled” from the pull-down list of Visual Alert for BLF Pickup; you will see who is calling for call pickup.
- Select “Enabled” from the pull-down list of Audio Alert for BLF Pickup; a “beep” sound will remind you of an incoming call for the monitored extension.
4. Click Confirm to accept the changes.
Set the BLF Key for call pickup:
Value: input the extension number you want to monitor
Line: choose the account number, which is registered to S-Series VoIP PBX
Extension: input the feature code to pick up the monitored extension, the default is *04
3. Test a call
When the monitored extension receives an incoming call, the followings occur on the phone:
- The phone plays a warning tone.
- The BLF key LED flashes.
- The caller ID appears on the LCD screen.
In the following figure, the LCD screen shows an incoming call from 15221801226 on the monitored extension 401.
If you want to answer the call, simply press the flashing BLF Key on the phone to pick up the call. You can also pick up the call by pressing the Pickup softkey on the phone.
If you want to use Pickup soft key to pick up the call, you need to set the Direct Call Pickup on the Yealink Phone web interface. (Phone→ Features-→Call Pickup)
Direct Call Pickup: Enable
Direct Call Pickup Code: fill in S-Series VoIP PBX “Extension Pickup” feature code, the default is *04.