The Paging and Intercom features allow you to make an announcement to a group of extensions. The called parties do not need to pick up the handset as the audio will be played via the phone speakers.
Yeastar S-Series supports one-way paging and two-way intercom.
- One-way paging: only make announcement to the extensions.
- Two-way intercom: allows all users in the group to talk and be heard by all.
Making an Intercom by Feature Code
If you would like to make an intercom with a specific extension user, you can dial the intercom feature code to achieve it. The default Intercom feature code is *5.
For example, making an announcement to extension 1000, you need to dial *51000, then the extension 1000 will be automatically picked up.
Setting Up Paging/Intercom Group
To do paging or intercom to a group of extensions at the same time, you need to set up Paging/Intercom groups.
Step 1 Go to Settings > PBX > Call Features > Paging/Intercom, click "Add" to create a new group.
- Number: set the group number, the local extension should dial this number to call the paging/intercom group.
- Name: give the group a brief name to help you identify it.
- Type: choose 1-way Paging or 2-Way Intercom.
- Member: choose the group members.
Step 2 Dial the intercom/group number 6301 to make an announcement to the group members.