SMS to Email is a feature that allows users to receive SMS in their email inboxes. The SMS sent to the PBX GSM/3G ports will be received first by the system and then forwarded to the users' email inboxes.
This guide introduces how to configure SMS to Email on Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
Before You Start
Before you start to use SMS to Email, please check the following:
- Install GSM/3G module on the device.
- Insert SIM card on the GSM/3G module.
- Check the trunk status and make sure that the GSM3G trunk is ready.
- Set a system email on S-Series PBX (Settings > System > Email). The system email is used to forward the received SMS to email addresses.
Configuring SMS to Email
Please follow the steps below to set up SMS to email on S-Series PBX.
- Go to the “Setting > System > Email”, set a system email and click “Test”.
- If the system says “Test Successfully”, means the email address could send and receive emails on the PBX.
- Go to the “Setting > PBX > Call Feature > SMS” page, choose a GSM/3G trunk, and click .
- Click to add email address for the trunk, the received SMS on this trunk will be forwarded to the email address.
- Click “Ensure”.
- Click “Save”.
As the figure above shows, when you send a SMS to the GSM1-3 trunk, Nancy will receive the text in her email inbox.