This application note shows how to connect Cisco Unified CallManager to TA810 gateway via SIP trunking. This guide has been tested with:
- TA810 firmware version 126.96.36.199
- CUCM version 8.6.2
After connecting TA810 and Cisco Unified CallManager, physical trunk PSTN will be extended on Cisco Unified CallManager.
The following features can be achieved:
- Make outbound calls from CUCM via PSTN trunks of TA810.
- Receive calls from PSTN trunks of TA810 at CUCM.
- IP address of CUCM: 192.168.6.178
- IP address of Yeastar TA810: 192.168.6.147
- A PSTN line from provider is connected to TA810’s FXO port1.
- PSTN number:05955503301
Figure 1 Connect CUCM and TA810
2.1 Preparation on TA810
TA810 attempts to contact a DHCP server in your network to obtain valid network settings (e.g., the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway address and DNS address) by default.
Before connecting TA810 to CUCM, you need to set a static IP address from the same LAN with CUCM.
Steps to set static IP for TA810:
1. Download a DeviceFound tool from Yeastar website: FindTA.rar
2. Run the DeviceFound.exe software.
3. The detected TA devices in the local network will appear in the window.
4. Find the TA device’s IP address by the device’s MAC address or the SN.
5. Log in TA810 and go to System→Network Preferences→LAN Settings, disable DHCP and configure the LAN network, save and apply the changes, reboot TA810 to take effect.
Figure 2 Configure LAN Settings on TA810
2.2 Preparation on CUCM
Please make sure Cisco CallManager Service is activated on CUCM.
Steps to activate Cisco Call Manager:
1. Log in to the CM Administration Web interface.
2. In the field “Navigation” on the top right corner, select Cisco Unified Serviceability and click Go.
Figure 3 Select Cisco Unified Serviceability
3. Under Tools click Service Activation.
Figure 4 Choose Service Actiavtion
4. Check if the Service “Cisco CallManager” is activated.
Figure 5 Check Cisco CallManager Service
3.Connect CUCM to TA810
3.1 Create a VoIP Trunk on TA810
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→VoIP Trunk
Figure 6 Create a Service Provider SIP Trunk on TA810
- Trunk Type: Service Provider
- Type: SIP
- Provider Name: give a name for the trunk, CUCM.
- Hostname/IP: fill in CUCM IP address, 192.168.6.178, the default port is 5060.
Save and apply the changes, we can check the status of this trunk, it should be OK.
Path: StatusSystem StatusPort/Trunk Status
Figure 7 VoIP Trunk Status on TA810
3.2 Configuration on CUCM
Step 1: Configure the SIP Trunk Security Profile
- Go to SystemSecuritySIP Trunk Security Profile
- Click Add New.
- Define the trunk name and set “Outgoing Transport Type” to UDP.
- Click Save.
Figure 8 SIP Trunk Security Profile Information
Configuration on Version 9.X
In version 9.x, the Non Secure SIP Trunk Profile already exists, but it must be modified.
- On Unified CM, go to SystemSecuritySIP Trunk Security Profile.
- Select Non Secure SIP Trunk Profile.
- Modify the fields as follows:
- Click Save.
Figure 9 SIP Trunk Security Profile Information
Step 2: Configure the SIP Profile
1)On Unified CM, go to Device--Device Settings--SIP Profile.
2)Click Add New to add a new SIP Profile.
3)Check “Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP” if BFCP (Dual video / presentation sharing) is required. Check “Use Fully Qualified Domain in SIP Requests” if needed,
leave everything else as it is:
Figure 10 SIP Profile Information
Step 3: Configure the SIP Trunk device
1) On Unified CM, go to DeviceTrunk.
2) Click Add New.
3) Select a Trunk Type of SIP Trunk.
Figure 11 Trunk Configuration
4) Click Next.
5) Configure the Device Information fields as follows and keep the default value for other settings. Mark the field modified compared with default settings.
Figure 12 Device Information
- Device Name: Give a name for the trunk, For_TA810
- Device Pool: Default
- Call Classification: OnNet
Figure 13 SIP Information
- Destination Address: fill in TA810’s IP address, 192.168.6.147
- Destination Port: default port 5060
- SIP Trunk Security Profile: choose the one we created above, “Non Secure SIP Trunk Profile for TA810”
- SIP Profile: choose the SIP profile created above, “Standard SIP Profile for TA810”
- DTMF Signalling Method: choose RFC2833
6) Click Save to save the changes.
Step 4: Configure Route Pattern for the SIP Trunk.
1)On Unified CM, go to Call RoutingRoute/HuntRoute Pattern.
2)Click Add New.
3)Configure Route Pattern as follows:
Set Route Pattern to 1XXXXXXXXXX,which means all 11-digit calls starting with 1 will be sent to FXO gateway via this SIP Trunk.
Besides, you can set up multiple Route Patterns for a SIP trunk.
Figure 14 Pattern Definition
Step 5: Check the status of this trunk.
On Unified CM, go to DeviceTrunk, click Find.
Figure 15 Trunk Status
4. IP to Port
In this section, we introduce how to achieve making outbound calls from CUCM through PSTN line on TA810.
Figure 16 IP to Port
Step 1. Create a Port Group on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Port List→Port Group
There are multiple PSTN trunks on TA810. We can group the PSTN trunks, and apply the group to “IP->Port” Route. When calling from your SIP server, TA810 will select one available PSTN trunk to call out.
Select all the PSTN trunks and set the Strategy as “Least Used”, TA810 will select a least used PSTN trunk to call out.
Figure 17 PSTN Trunk Group
Step 2. Configure one “IP ->Port” Route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→”IP->Port”
Figure 18 IP->Port Route
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “CUCM”.
- Call Source: choose the VoIP trunk which is connected to CUCM, “SPS—CUCM”.
- Call Destination: choose the Port Group, “Port Group1—PSTN”.
Step 3. Test a call from CUCM.
Now, you can use CUCM’s extension (Directory Number) to make external calls directory through the PSTN trunk on TA810.
5. Port to IP
In this section, we configure incoming calls to CUCM through PSTN trunk on TA810.
Figure 19 Port to IP
Step 1. Configure one “Port->IP” Route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→”Port->IP”
Figure 20 Port to IP Route Page
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “To_CUCM”.
- Call Source: choose the Port Group, “Port Group1—PSTN”.
- Call Destination: choose the VoIP trunk which is connected to CUCM, “SPS—CUCM”.
- Hotline: set Hotline to one directory number on CUCM, hen the call will be routed directly to the extension.
Step 2. Test a call.
Dial the PSTN trunk number 05955503301 on your mobile phone, the call will be routed to the extension 5000 on CUCM.