This guide shows you how to connect Yeastar TA FXO VoIP gateway to AskoziaPBX via SIP trunk. This guide has been tested with:
- TA810 firmware version 184.108.40.206.
- AskoziaPBX version: 4.0.3
After connecting Yeastar TA FXO VoIP gateway and AskoziaPBX, PSTN trunks will be extended on AskoziaPBX.
The following features can be achieved:
- Make outbound calls from AskoziaPBX via the PSTN trunks of TA810.
- Receive calls from PSTN trunks of TA810 at AskoziaPBX.
- IP address of AskoziaPBX: 192.168.6.112.
- IP address of TA810: 192.168.6.145.
Figure 1 Connect AskoziaPBX and Yeastar TA810
TA810 attempts to contact a DHCP server in your network to obtain valid network settings (e.g., the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway address and DNS address) by default.
Before connecting TA810 to AskoziaPBX, you need to set a static IP address from the same LAN with the AskoziaPBX.
Steps to set static IP for TA810:
1. Download a DeviceFound tool from Yeastar website: FindTA.rar
2. Run the DeviceFound.exe software.
3. The detected TA devices in the local network will appear in the window.
4. Find the TA device’s IP address by the device’s MAC address or the SN.
5. Log in TA810 and go to System→Network Preferences→LAN Settings, disable DHCP and configure the LAN network, save and apply the changes, reboot TA810 to take effect.
Figure 2 Configure LAN Settings on TA810
3. Connect AskoziaPBX to Yeasar TA810
3.1 Create a SIP account on Yeastar TA810
Log in Yeastar TA810 web user interface, and create a SIP account.
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→VoIP Trunk
Figure 3 SIP account Settings
- Trunk Type: choose “Account” type.
- Name: a unique label to help you identify this trunk, i.e. Askozia.
- Account: define the account number, here we set “8000”.
- Password: set a password for the account number, here we set “yeastar8000”.
Note: the account number must be different from Askozia extensions.
3.2 Create a SIP Trunk on AskoziaPBX
1) Log in to the AskoziaPBX Management Console and go to “Accounts→Providers” and click to add a SIP trunk.
Figure 4 Add VoIP Trunk on AskoziaPBX
2) General Settings for the SIP trunk.
Figure 5 SIP Trunk General Settings
- Name: a unique label to help you identify this trunk, i.e. Yeastar.
- Host: fill in Yeastar TA810’s IP address, “192.168.6.145”, the default port is 5060.
- Username: fill in the account number created on Yeastar TA810, “8000”.
- Password: fill in the Yeastar TA810’s account password.
3) Call Routing for the SIP trunk.
Figure 6 SIP Trunk Call Routing
Outgoing Patterns: set the outgoig patterns for outgoing calls, here we define the pattern as “9|.”, meaning that Askozia users should dial “9+number” to make outgoing calls.
Incoming Extensions: set the destination for incoming calls to AskoziaPBX. Here we set the destination as extension 101.
4) After finishing the configruation, click “Save”, you can check the SIP trunk status. The green icon indicates that the SIP trunk is successfully registered to Yeastar TA810.
Figure 7 SIP Trunk Status
4. IP to Port
In this section, we introduce how to achieve making outbound calls from AskoziaPBX through PSTN trunk on TA810.
Figure 8 IP to Port
Step 1. Create a “IP->Port” route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→IP->Port
Figure 9 IP to Port Route
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “From_Askozia”.
- Call Source: choose the VoIP account which is registered to AskoziaPBX.
- Call Destination: choose the FXO port 1.
Step 2. Test a call from AskoziaPBX.
Now, you can use AskoziaPBX phone system’s extension to make external calls through the TA810’s PSTN trunk 1. Do not forget to add digit 9 before the called number cause prefix is set to 9 on AskoziaPBX outbound route. For example, if you want to call 5503301, you need to dial 95503301.
5. Port to IP
In this section, we configure incoming calls to AskoziaPBX through PSTN trunk on TA810.
Figure 10 Mobile to IP
Step 1. Create a “Port to IP” route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→Port->IP/Port
Figure 11 Port to IP Route
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “To_Askozia”.
- Call Source: choose FXO port 1.
- Call Destination: choose the VoIP account which is connected to AskoziaPBX.
Step 2. Test a call.
Dial the PSTN 1 trunk number from your phone, the call will be routed to AskoziaPBX’s extension 101.