About This Guide
Skype Connect™ provides connectivity between your business and the Skype community.
Yeastar TA FXS Gateway helps you to connect to Skype via Skype Connect. By adding Skype Connect to Yeastar TA, your business could save on your communication costs with little or no additional upgrades required. Once the Skype SIP trunk is registered on Yeastar TA, you are able to make and receive calls on the analog phones through the Skype SIP trunk.
This guide has been tested with Yeastar TA3200 and describes how to connect Yeastar TA to Skype with Skype Connect.
Figure 1 Connect Yeastar TA3200 to Skype
1. Register Skype SIP Trunk on TA3200
Before configurations on Yeastar TA3200, you need to set up a Skype Manager and buy a SIP profile from Skype. Please refer to Skype Connect Quick Start Guide to set up the SIP profile on Skype.
After setting up the SIP profile, take the SIP account to register on Yeastar TA3200.
Step 1. Edit the VoIP Server template on the Yeastar TA3200.
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→VoIP Server Settings
Figure 2 Edit the VoIP Server Template on TA3200
- Server Name: Skype
- Type: SIP
- Enable Register: enable
- Transport: UDP
- Hostname/IP: sip.skype.com
- Domain: sip.skype.com
Step 2. Edit the Dial Pattern Template.
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→Dial Pattern Template
Set the Dial pattern as "0.", which matches any phone number starts with digit "0".
Figure 3 Edit the Dial Pattern Template on TA3200
Step 3. Edit the FXS port.
Path: Gateway→FXS Port List→FXS Port List
Choose the Primary Server Template as the one you edited on Step 1 and fill in the Username and Password info according to the SIP profile on Skype.
Figure 4 SIP Profile on Skype Manager Page
Figure 5 Edit FXS Port 1
- Number: Same as SIP User on Skype SIP profile.
- Primary Server: Choose “Skype(1)”, the VoIP that you configured on step 1.
- User Name: Same as SIP User on Skype SIP profile.
- Authentication Name: Same as SIP User on Skype SIP profile.
- Password: Same as Password on Skype SIP profile.
- Template: choose “Skype_Out(1)”, the one you edited on Step 2.
Save and apply the changes, and you will see the port 1 status is “Registered” on "Port Status" page.
Path: Status→System Status→Port Status
Figure 6 Status of FXS Port 1 on TA3200
Step 4. Make a call from the analog phone which is connected the FXS port 1.
You can call 001760-660-4690 to test audio quality and connectivity. It’s Skype’s echo test online number.
Note: If you want to receive inbound calls with Skype Connect, please proceed to Chapter 2; if not, you have now successfully set up your Skype for SIP profile to make outbound calls.
2. Configure TA3200 with Inbound Calling
2.1 Receive Incoming Calls from Skype Users
Step 1. Set up a Business Account to test inbound Calls from Skype.
1) Create a new business account in Skype Manager. For more information on creating a new business account, please see the Skype Manager User Guide.
2) Click View profile next to the name of the SIP Profile to which you want to add the business account.
Figure 7 View Skype SIP Profile
3) Click Set up incoming calls.
4) In the Add business Account tab, enter the newly created business account's name and fill in the extension number which number will use to receive the call.
Add an existing business account: yeastar.neogate
Extension number: 500
Figure 8 Add Business Account
5) Click Confirm.
Step 2. Set up the online number on the Yeastar TA3200's FXS port.
Online number: fill in the extension number which you configure in Skype Manger.
Figure 9 Set Online Number on FXS Port 1
All calls from other Skype users to this account (yeastar.neogate) will be routed to the analog phone which is connected to Yeastar TA3200's FXS port 1.
2.2 Receive Incoming Calls from Landline or Mobile Phone
Step 1. Assign an Online Number to receive calls from landlines and mobile phones.
1) Click View profile next to the name of the SIP Profile to which you want to assign an Online Number.
Figure 10 View Skype SIP Profile
2) Click Set up incoming calls.
3) Click Buy a new number.
Figure 11 Add Skype Number
4) Complete the on-screen instructions to buy the Online Number. For more information on buying a new Online Number, please refer to the Skype Manager User Guide.
Note: When you confirm your purchase, the Online Number is automatically associated with the SIP Profile.
Step 2. Set up the Online Number on the Yeastar TA3200's FXS port.
Online number: Fill in the Skype online number which one buy from Skype.
E.g.: online number is 05925503309.
Figure 12 Set Online Number on FXS Port 1
When someone calls the online number associated with the SIP profile from a landline or mobile phone, the call will be routed to the analog phone which is connected to TA3200's FXS port 1.