This application note shows how to connect 3CX phone system to TA FXO gateway via SIP trunking. This guide has been tested with:
- TA810 firmware version 184.108.40.206
- 3CX phone system v12.0.35528.640
After connecting TA810 and 3CX phone system, physical trunk PSTN will be extended on 3CX phone system.
The following features can be achieved:
- Make outbound calls from 3CX via the PSTN trunks of TA810.
- Receive calls from PSTN trunks of TA810 at 3CX.
- IP address of 3CX phone system: 192.168.6.152
- IP address of Yeastar TA810: 192.168.6.147
- A PSTN line from provider is connected to TA810’s FXO port1.
- PSTN number:05955503301
Figure 1 Connect 3CX Phone System and TA810
TA810 attempts to contact a DHCP server in your network to obtain valid network settings (e.g., the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway address and DNS address) by default.
Before connecting TA810 to 3CX Phone System, you need to set a static IP address from the same LAN with the 3CX Phone System.
Steps to set static IP for TA810:
1. Download a DeviceFound tool from Yeastar website: FindTA.rar
2. Run the DeviceFound.exe software.
3. The detected TA devices in the local network will appear in the window.
4. Find the TA device’s IP address by the device’s MAC address or the SN.
5. Log in TA810 and go to System→Network Preferences→LAN Settings, disable DHCP and configure the LAN network, save and apply the changes, reboot TA810 to take effect.
Figure 2 Configure LAN Settings on TA810
3.Connect 3CX Phone System to TA810
3.1 Create a SIP Trunk on 3CX
1) Click "Add VoIP Provider", configure the VoIP Provider Wizard, then Click "Next".
Figure 3 Add VoIP Provider
- Name of Provider: TA810
- Country: Generic
- Provider: Generic SIP Trunk
2) Enter the TA810's IP and click "Next".
Figure 4 VoIP Provider
3) Enter External Number and Authentication ID (You can enter any number that is not the same with extension numbers of 3CX, take 9999 as an example here). And click “Next”.
Note: "Maximum simultaneous calls " is four in the free version of 3CX. You can also enter the number accordingly if you have bought license from 3CX.
Figure 5 Configure SIP Trunk
4) Configure the default destination of inbound route to IVR for the SIP trunk and click “Next”.
Note: If you want to change the inbound route, you can double click the trunk you want on the "Ports/Trunk Status" page after the SIP Trunk has been created.
Figure 6 Set Office Hours
5) Click "Skip" to finish the SIP trunk configuration.
Figure 7 VoIP Provider
6) On "Ports/Trunk status" page, we can check the trunk status.
Figure 8 SIP Trunk Status
3.2 Create a VoIP Trunk on TA810
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→VoIP Trunk
Figure 9 Create a Service Provider SIP Trunk on TA810
- Trunk Type: Service Provider
- Type: SIP
- Provider Name: 3CX
- Hostname/IP: fill in 3CX IP address, 192.168.6.152, the default port is 5060.
Save and apply the changes, we can check the status of this trunk, it should be OK.
Path: Status--System Status---Port/Trunk Status
Figure 10 VoIP Trunk Status on TA810
4. IP to Port
In this section, we introduce how to achieve making outbound calls from 3CX through PSTN line on TA810.
Figure 11 IP to Port
Step 1. Create one outbound route on 3CX.
To make external calls from 3CX through TA810’s pstn trunk, you need to create one outbound route on 3CX.
Click "Create Outbound Rule" on 3CX.
- Rule Name: Rule for TA810
- Prefix: 9
- Call from extension(s): 300-305, allow extension 300,301,302,303,304 and 305 to call out through this outbound rule.
- Route: TA810
- Strip: 1
Figure 12 Outbound Route on 3CX
Step 2. Create a Port Group on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Port List→Port Group
There are multiple PSTN trunks on TA810. We can group the PSTN trunks, and apply the group to “IP->Port” Route. When calling from your SIP server, TA810 will select one available PSTN trunk to call out.
Select all the PSTN trunks and set the Strategy as “Least Used”, TA810 will select a least used PSTN trunk to call out.
Figure 13 Group PSTN Trunks
Step 3. Configure one “IP ->Port” Route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→”IP->Port”
Figure 14 IP->Port Route
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “3CX”.
- Call Source: choose the VoIP trunk which is connected to 3CX, “SPS—3CX”.
- Call Destination: choose the Port Group created in step 2, “Port Group1—PSTN”.
Step 3. Test a call from 3CX.
Now, you can use 3CX phone system’s extension to make external calls through the PSTN trunk on TA810. Do not forget to add digit 9 before the called number cause prefix is set to 9 on 3CX outbound route. For example, if you want to call 15880270600, you need to dial 915880270600.
5. Port to IP
In this section, we configure incoming calls to 3CX through PSTN trunk on TA810.
Figure 15 Port to IP
Step 1. Create an inbound route on 3CX.
Click “Create DID” to configure the inbound route on 3CX.
- Inbound route name: From TA810
- DID/DDI number/mask: 9999, which is same with the trunk external number.
- Available ports: TA810
- Office Hours: IVR 800
Figure 16 Inbound Route on 3CX Phone System
Step 2. Configure one “Port->IP” Route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→”Port->IP”
Figure 17 Port to IP Route Page
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “To_3CX”.
- Call Source: choose the Port Group, “Port Group1—PSTN”.
- Call Destination: choose the VoIP trunk which is connected to 3CX, “SPS—3CX”.
- Hotline: set Hotline to 9999, which is the same number with the DID number set on 3CX Inbound route.
Step 3. Test a call.
Dial the PSTN trunk number 05955503301 on your mobile phone, the call will be routed to 3CX IVR. After hearing the IVR prompt, you can dial any extension number on 3CX Phone System.