MyPBX will help you to realize sending fax to email. To make it work, you should firstly make sure that the SMTP tested successfully.
Note: Fax to email is not supported in MyPBX SOHO V1/V2/V3/V4, it is supported in SOHO V5/V6/V7 with firmware 18.104.22.168 and newer.
Configure the SMTP in “Voicemail Settings” page. (MyPBX Internal Settings--Voicemail settings)
1. If you would like to send voicemail messages as email attachments, please configure this section.
2. Click button ”Test SMTP Settings” and fill in the email address you want to send the test email to.
3. If succeeded, you will see the pop-up dialogue box prompting “Test successfully”.
Configure Inbound route
There are three ways to configure inbound route that will achieve fax to email.
Note： FAX Detection is not supported for SIP trunk and SPS trunk.
1. Configure the Day Destination/Night Destination to IVR , set Fax detection as “custom Email”, and then enter the email address which you want to use to receive fax.
2. Configure the Day Destination/Night Destination to faxes , set Fax detection as “No Detect”, the fax will be sent to email address which is set on the fax extension.
3. Configure the Day Destination/Night Destination to IVR , set Fax detection as “Faxes”, the fax will be sent to email address which is set on the fax extension.