The guide provides step-by-step configuration instructions on how to connect the TA FXS gateway and Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX. TA FXS gateway is used to expand the FXS extensions on S-series IPPBX. With the connection of TA FXS gateway and S-series IPPBX, you can achieve:
- Make calls between the analog phones and S-Series IPPBX SIP extensions.
- Receive inbound calls on the analog phones.
- Make outbound calls from the analog phones using trunks on S-Series IPPBX.
- Make calls between analog phones.
There are three modes for TA FXS gateway to connect S-series IPPBX.
On TA FXS gateway, the register modes are as below:
- Port Register
- Service Provider
- Template Register
*You can choose one of the modes to do the integration due to different scenarios. In this article, we only talk about the Port Register mode.
The difference among the 3 modes：
- Port Register mode is the most popular mode in the TAS gateway. It is used when the PBX offers the extension accounts to register.
- Service Provider mode is used in the integration scenario, for example, two TAS gateway interconnection. It is rarely used.
- Template Register is used for when several ports use the same SIP trunk to make calls. In this scenario, it is usually used alone without S-Series or other PBX.
In the guide, we tested TA400 and S300.
IP address of S300: 192.168.9.135
IP address of TA400: 192.168.9.64
TA400 attempts to contact a DHCP server in your network to obtain valid network settings (e.g., the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway address, and DNS address) by default.
Before connecting TA400 to S-series IPPBX, you need to set a static IP address from the same LAN with the S-series IPPBX.
Steps to set static IP for TA400:
- Connect one analog phone to one of the FXS ports on TA400;
- Dial "***" to enter the voice menu;
- Press "1" to check the IP address;
- Open the browser and type in the TA400's IP address to access TA400;
- Log in TA400 and go to System> LAN Settings> General Settings, disable DHCP and configure the LAN network, save and apply the changes, reboot TA400 to take effect.
Figure 2. Configure LAN Settings on TA400
If you choose port register mode, the FXS ports will be registered as the S-series IPPBX's SIP extensions, which possess the same functions as other SIP extensions on S-series IPPBX.
Figure 3. Connect TA400 and S-series IPPBX via VoIP Mode
Step 1. Create a SIP extension on S-series IPPBX.
Path: Settings> PBX> Extensions> Add
Create an extension on S-series IPPBX for the FXS port on the TA400 which has connected an analog phone. Here we take extension 1005 for example.
Figure 4. Create Extension 1005 on S300
Step 2. Configure one VoIP server settings on TA400.
Path: Gateway> VoIP Settings> VoIP Server Settings
Choose the “Register Mode” as “Port register” and fill in the Hostname/IP and Domain as the IP of S300
Figure 5. Configure the Register Mode as Port Register
Server Name: S300
Hostname/IP: fill in the S-series IPPBX IP address, 192.168.9.135
Domain: fill in the S-series IPPBX IP address, 192.168.9.135
Register Mode: Port Register
Step 3. Edit the Dial Pattern Template
Path: Gateway> VoIP Settings> Dial Pattern Template
The default dial pattern is set as ".", which allows you to dial any number out. In this guide, we will remain the default setting. You can change it according to your environment.
Figure 6. Edit Dial Pattern Template
Step 4. Edit the FXS port
Path: Gateway> Port List> Port List
Figure 7. Edit the FXS Port
Caller ID Name: You can name the port whatever you want.
Caller ID Number: The extension number on S-series PBX, 1005
VoIP Server: Choose S-series S300(2), the VoIP Server Settings configured in Step 2.
User Name: The extension number on S-series PBX, 1005
Authentication Name: The extension authentication name on S-series IPPBX, 1005.
Password: The registration password of the extension on S-series IPPBX.
From user: The extension number on S-series PBX, 1005. And it is necessary to be filled, otherwise you may not pass the incoming call to analog phones.
Dial Pattern Template: Choose the Dial Pattern Template, DialPatternTemplate1(1).
DID number: The extension number on S-series PBX, 1005
Save and apply the changes, and you will see the port status is “OK” on Status> FXS Port Status.
Step 5. Create an outbound in S300 and choose 1005 in the selected box
Path: Settings> PBX> Call Control> Outbound Routes> Add
Figure 8. Edit the outbound route on S300
Step 6. Create an inbound in S300 and choose 1005 as the destination
Path: Settings> PBX> Call Control> Inbound Routes> Add
Figure 9. Edit the inbound route on S300
Now, you are able to use the analog phone which is connected to TA's FXS port 1 to make calls and receive calls.
Note: Outgoing calls to external numbers through trunks on S-series IPPBX all should match the dial pattern, or the calls will fail.