This article applies to Yeastar MyPBX all models, N-Series Analog PBX and Yeastar VoIP gateways.
This article shall not apply to Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX. Please refer to How to Log in SSH of Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
How to Login via SSH
- Download the popular SSH tool PuTTy from the Internet.
- Enable SSH service on LAN Settings page or Service menu under LAN settings.
- Open the PuTTy, and configure the login IP, Port and Connection type(SSH).
- Host Name: IP address of the Yeastar device
- Port: default SSH port is 8022
- Set the scrollback line number so that you can get sufficient lines of log for debug analysis.
- Click the Apply to enter SSH interface. Log in SSH with the following credential:
- Username: root
- Password: ys123456
Command Mode and Asterisk Mode
Next we introduce you the important 2 modes in SSH interface: Command mode and Asterisk mode.
After you enter the SSH interface, it is the Command mode. In this mode, you can execute the Linux based commands, like ls, cd, route and so on.
To enter Asterisk mode, you can input asterisk -vvvvvvvvvr in Command mode. In this mode, you are able to execute the Asterisk based commands, like sip show peers, module reload and so on.