This application note shows how to connect Elastix to Yeastar TE Series devices via SIP trunking. In this guide, we will take Yeastar TE100 for example, same configuration will apply to other TE series products.
- Make outbound calls from Elastix via the E1 trunks of Yeastar TE directly.
- Receive calls from E1 trunks of Yeastar TE at Elastix.
IP address of Elastix: 192.168.5.178
IP address of Yeastar TE100: 192.168.5.239
E1 DID range: 5551000-5551099
E1 DOD range: 5551000-5551099
2. Connect Elastix to Yeastar TE
2.1 Create a Service Provider SIP Trunk on Elastix
Path: PBX→Trunks→Add SIP Trunk
After creating the SIP trunk, we can check the status of this trunk, it should be OK.
Login the FreePBX Asterisk CLI, enter the command "sip show peers" and click "Execute", the status will be seen.
2.2 Create a VoIP Trunk on Yeastar TE
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→VoIP Trunk→Add VoIP Trunk
Choose "Service Provider" mode, and fill in Elastix IP address.
- Trunk Type: Service Provider
- Provider Name: Elastix
- Hostname/IP: 192.168.5.178
After save and apply the changes, you will see the trunk is ‘registered’ in ‘Line Status’.
Path:Status→System Status→Trunk Status
3. Outgoing Call from Elastix Extension via E1
3.1 Create an Outbound Route on Elastix
Path: PBX→Outbound Routes→Add Route
Choose the VoIP trunk "NeoGate_TE" and set the rule for the outbound as the picture shows, which allows users to dial out any number out.
3.2 Create ‘Elastix_to_TE’ Route
Path: Gateway--Routes Settings---Routes List
- Simple Mode: Yes
- Call Comes in From: ServiceProvider-Elastix.
- Send Call Through: Trunk—E1Trunk1.
3.3 Set DOD for Elastix Extension on TE
For example, we set extension 1000 as DID number 5551000.When you use extension 1000 to make outgoing call via TE, callee will see the caller ID number 5551000.
4. Incoming Calls from E1 to Elastix
4.1 Create an Inbound Route on Elastix
Path: PBX→Inbound Call Control→Inbound Routes
In this guide, we set the DID number as 5551000 and set destination to extension 1000.
- DID number: 5551000 (which is same to the E1 trunk external number)
- Set Destination: 1000
4.2 Create ‘TE_To_Elastix’ Route on Yeastar TE
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→Routes List
- Simple Mode: Yes
- Call Comes in From: Trunk—E1Trunk1.
- Send Call Through: ServiceProvider-Elastix.
After saving the settings, you can dial the E1 DID number 5551000, the call will be routed to the extension 1000 on Elastix.