This application note shows how to connect Elastix to TA FXO gateway via SIP trunking. This guide has been tested with:
- TA810 firmware version 18.104.22.168
- Elastix version 2.6.18.X
After connecting TA810 and Elastix, physical trunk PSTN will be extended on Elastix.
The following features can be achieved:
- Make outbound calls from Elastix via the PSTN trunks of TA810.
- Receive calls from PSTN trunks of TA810 at Elastix.
- IP address of Elastix: 192.168.6.228
- IP address of TA810: 192.168.6.147
- A PSTN line from provider is connected to TA810’s FXO port1.
- PSTN number:05955503301
Figure 1 Connect Elastix and TA810
TA810 attempts to contact a DHCP server in your network to obtain valid network settings (e.g., the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway address and DNS address) by default.
Before connecting TA810 to Elastix, you need to set a static IP address from the same LAN with the Elastix.
Steps to set static IP for TA810:
1)Download a DeviceFound tool from Yeastar website: FindTA.rar
2)Run the DeviceFound.exe software.
3)The detected TA devices in the local network will appear in the window.
4)Find the TA device’s IP address by the device’s MAC address or the SN.
5)Log in TA810 and go to System→Network Preferences→LAN Settings, disable DHCP and configure the LAN network, save and apply the changes, reboot TA810 to take effect.
Figure 2 Configure LAN Settings on TA810
3.Connect Elastix to TA810
3.1 Create a SIP Trunk on Elastix
Path: PBX--Trunks---Add SIP Trunk
Figure 3 Add SIP Trunk
Figure 4 Configure SIP Trunk
After creating the SIP trunk, we can check the status of this trunk, it should be OK.
Enter the command “sip show peers” and click “Execute”, the status will be seen.
Figure 5 SIP Trunk Status on Elastix
3.2 Create a VoIP Trunk on TA810
Path: Gateway→VoIP Settings→VoIP Trunk
Figure 6 Create a Service Provider SIP Trunk on TA810
- Trunk Type: Service Provider
- Type: SIP
- Provider Name: Elastix
- Hostname/IP: fill in Elastix IP address, 192.168.6.228, the default port is 5060.
Save and apply the changes, we can check the status of this trunk, it should be OK.
Path: StatusSystem StatusPort/Trunk Status
Figure 7 VoIP Trunk Status on TA810
4. IP to Port
In this section, we introduce how to achieve making outbound calls from Elastix through PSTN line on TA810.
Figure 8 IP to Port
Step 1. Create one outbound route on Elastix.
To make external calls from Elastix through TA810’s PSTN trunk, you need to create one outbound route on Elastix.
Path: PBX→Outbound Routes→Add Route
- Route Name: To_TA810
- Prefix: 9, users should dial digit 9 before the number
- Match pattern: X.
- Trunk Sequence for Matched Routes: choose the SIP trunk, TA810.
Figure 9 Add Outbound Route
Step 2. Create a Port Group on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Port List→Port Group
There are multiple PSTN trunks on TA810. We can group the PSTN trunks, and apply the group to “IP->Port” Route. When calling from your SIP server, TA810 will select one available PSTN trunk to call out.
Select all the PSTN trunks and set the Strategy as “Least Used”, TA810 will select a least used PSTN trunk to call out.
Figure 10 Group PSTN Trunks
Step 3. Configure one “IP ->Port” Route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→”IP->Port”
Figure 11 IP->Port Route
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “Elastix”.
- Call Source: choose the VoIP trunk which is connected to Elastix, “SPS—Elastix”.
- Call Destination: choose the Port Group, “Port Group1—PSTN”.
Step 4. Test a call from Elastix.
Now, you can use Elastix‘s extension to make external calls through the PSTN trunk on TA810. Do not forget to add digit 9 before the called number cause prefix is set to 9 on Elastix outbound route. For example, if you want to call 15880270600, you need to dial 915880270600.
5. Port to IP
In this section, we configure incoming calls to Elastix through PSTN trunk on TA810.
Figure 12 Port to IP
Step 1. Create an inbound route on Elastix.
Path: PBX→Inbound Routes→Add Incoming Route
Choose the inbound destination as IVR, when you call in PSTN trunk on TA810, the call will be routed to Elastix IVR. Here we set the DID number as 9999 to match calls with DID number 9999.
Figure 13 Add Incoming Route
Step 2. Configure one “Port->IP” Route on TA810.
Path: Gateway→Routes Settings→”Port->IP”
Figure 14 Port to IP Route Page
- Route Name: give a name for the route, “To_Elastix”.
- Call Source: choose the Port Group, “Port Group1—PSTN”.
- Call Destination: choose the VoIP trunk which is connected to Elastix, “SPS—Elastix”.
- Hotline: set Hotline to 9999, which is the same number with the DID number set on Elastix Inbound route.
Step 3. Test a call.
Dial the PSTN trunk number 05955503301 on your mobile phone, the call will be routed to Elastix IVR. After hearing the IVR prompt, you can dial any extension number on Elastix.