This article introduces what is Auto CLIP routes and how to use AutoCLIP routes in Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
What is AutoCLIP?
Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX can automatically stores records of outgoing call to AutoCLIP route table. When the called person calls back, the call will be routed directly to the original caller's extension.
How to Set up AutoCLIP Routes?
Follow the steps below to configure AutoCLIP route.
Step 1. Enable AutoCLIP feature on trunks.
Log in Yeastar S-Series web interface, navigate to Settings > PBX > Call Control > AutoCLIP Routes, select member trunks to Selected box.
Step 2. Configure AutoCLIP Parameters.
Configure AutoCLIP parameters on AutoCLIP Routes page.
- Delete Used Records: if the call back is answered, the record in AutoCLIP list will be deleted.
Only Keep Missed Call Records: only unconnected outgoing calls (missed call on the called party) will be recorded in AutoCLIP list.
Note: PSTN line will keep records of all calls whether this option is enabled or disabled.
- Match Outgoing Trunk: only the call back to PBX through the same trunk will be matched against the AutoCLIP list. For example, if the PBX user 1000 call to user 15880253600 through PSTN1, only when the user 15880253600 calls back to PSTN1, the AutoCLIP feature will work.
- Record Keep Time: set the time duration for which records are kept in AutoCLIP list.
- Digits Match: define how many digits from the last digit of the incoming caller ID will be used to match the AutoCLIP record. Adjust the setting if the incoming caller ID has a prefix "+","0" or others.
Step 3. Click Save and Apply.
Step 1. Enable AutoCLIP for BRI trunks.
Step 2. Set the AutoCLIP parameters as below.
Step 3. Test the AutoCLIP and click View AutoCLIP List to check the AutoCLIP records.
- Extension user 1000 makes a call to number 15880262368, the called party doesn't answer the call.
- Yeastar S-Series will keep the record in AutoCLIP list.
- User 15880262358 calls back to Yeastar PBX, but the incoming caller ID shows +8615880262358.
- As we set Digits Match to "11", so the call will match against the AutoCLIP records, and the call will be forwarded directly to extension user 1000.
- The record is deleted automatically in AutoCLIP list.
- Next time, when user 15880262358 calls in the PBX, no AutoCLIP route will be matched, the call will go to the PBX's inbound route destination.
Note: when multiple extension users make a call to the same external number, only the last extension that had made the call will be matched against the external number in AutoCLIP list. So when the external user calls back, the call will be routed to the extension that had made the call at last.