This guide introduces how to configure Grandstream IP phones with Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
Before provisioning the phones, you must reset the phones to factory defaults in case that the phones have residual settings of a previous configurations.
Supported Phone Models
- Grandstream GXP Series: 1160, 1165, 1400, 1405, 1450, 1610, 1620, 1625, 1628, 1630, 2130, 2135, 2140, 2160, 2170, 2200, 3240, 3245
Follow the steps below to do auto provisioning for Grandstream phones.
- Connect the phone to the same network with Yeastar S-Series PBX. The phone will send a PnP request to the PBX when booting up.
- Log in Yeastar S-Series Web interface, go to “Auto Provisioning” App. Click “Scan”, all the phones in the local network will show up on the page.
- Search the phone by MAC address or IP address, and click “edit”.
- Choose the phone Model, active a line and assign an extension for the phone. You can also configure keys, features, preferences and codec for the phone.
- Click “Save”.
- The system prompts you to reboot the phone, click “OK”.
- Reboot the phone manually, the phone will restart, then reboot again automatically to apply the configurations.