This guide introduces how to configure Grandstream IP phones with Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
Before provisioning the phones, you must reset the phones to factory defaults in case that the phones have residual settings of a previous configurations.
Supported Phone Models
- Grandstream GXP Series: 1160, 1165, 1400, 1405, 1450, 1610, 1620, 1625, 1628, 1630, 2130, 2135, 2140, 2160, 2170, 2200, 3240, 3245
Follow the steps below to do auto provisioning for Grandstream phones.
- Connect the phone to the same network with Yeastar S-Series PBX. The phone will send a PnP request to the PBX when booting up.
- Log in Yeastar S-Series Web interface, go to “Auto Provisioning” App. Click “Scan”, all the phones in the local network will show up on the page.
- Search the phone by MAC address or IP address, and click “edit”.
- Choose the phone Model, active a line and assign an extension for the phone. You can also configure keys, features, preferences and codec for the phone.
- Click “Save”.
- The system prompts you to reboot the phone, click “OK”.
- Reboot the phone manually, the phone will restart, then reboot again automatically to apply the configurations.
I have a GXP1625 that this won’t work on. Do you have any other means to force the phone to provision?
We have created a ticket for you, our support agent will help to check and answer your questions.
I have the same problem. I have to login via web browser to each phone and manually setup each phone as auto provision does NOT work, no matter how many times I reboot the GXP1625 Grandstream phone.
Hello support. Please support GXP1615. Thanks.
I have provisioned some Grandstream phones using your templates and have a problem with the value in the field "Label" on the tab "Account" in the template. The models I am using are GXP2135 and GXP2170. I type e.g "Glenn 101" in the label field for account 101. After rebooting the phone, the label for account 101 in the phone display says just "101". When I log into the web GUI of the phone I see that the field responsible for showing the label text is called "Account Name".
When I check a list of Grandstream P-values, it seems they are using P270 instead of P3 for populating the display name/Label. Please let me know if I can correct the problem myself or if you have to issue new templates.
I have tried to make a custom template which works but when I try to edit it according to https://help.yeastar.com/en/s-series/topic/add_additional_settings_in_custom_template.html, I cannot seem to find a tab called other.
Well it seems that Yeastar S-Series can auto provision Grandstream Phones with MAC address starting with 00:0b:82
Newer phones with MAC address starting with c0:74:ad don't get auto provisioned...
Any thoughts of dealing with that issue on an upcoming firmware upgrade ?
Do you have any updates on the items that are being discussed? Grandstream GXP1625/GXP1615?
Would be wonderful if Auto Provisioning would work as well as the Yealink phones!!
And when will newest grandstream phone series (like GRP26xx) be supported for auto provisioning ?
I need GRPxxxx autoprovision too. Any idea when it will be available?
now, two years were over now nearly, any news for GRP-26xx users?
Or should I better go for another PBX?
With best regards
Personally, I gave up a long time ago and switched to Grandstream UCM 6301. It works like a charm. I guess it is asking for problems trying to mix and match, better stick to one brand throughout.
can not active ip phone Gxp 1615 with yeastar s100
Can someone help in solving the problem?